We hope you will enjoy using the AutoCentre website, and we want to make sure your experience is as safe and useful as possible. Here you can find out how our website works, what data we collect from you and how it is used to optimise your experience.
Cookies are small text files, placed on your hard disk by a web page server. They are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Our cookies do not collect any data that could be used to personally identify you. What we will do is use encrypted information gathered from the cookies to improve your online experience with AutoCentre.
Some of the cookies we use will expire after you close the browser window. These are called session cookies. Some cookies last longer than this, because they are used to identify return visits to the AutoCentre website. Please note that cookies do not harm your computer or any software you may have.
AutoCentre recommends that you accept the setting of cookies, as we use them to:
- Customise elements of our websites layout and content, and test different designs of our website to improve your experience.
- Recognise when a user has visited before, meaning we can see how many unique visits we receive. We can then make sure the website is easy to use and has enough capacity.
- Remember your preferences and settings, such as text size and language.
- Help us identify errors and resolve them effectively.
- Establish what information is relevant to you while you are browsing our websites.
- Collect statistical, anonymous information about how our visitors use/interact with our digital services so we can improve them.
- Learn which parts of our websites are most popular and improve them.
- See how effective our online messages are.
However, you can choose to decline cookies by changing your browser settings.
- Session cookies are deleted when you leave our site. They help keep track of your progress so you don't have to enter the same information more than once.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after your browsing session has ended. They will remember settings, preferences and details for the next time you use the site.
- First party cookies are set by the website owner.
- Third party cookies are set by other parties, such as Google and Twitter. Please see the privacy policies of these websites for more information on how they use their cookies.
- More about cookies